Privacy and Personal Data
Our company collects and processes both Personal data and Other data. For the purposes of this Policy, "Personal data" is any information that alone or together with other information in our company's possession relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as name, phone number, email address, and address. "Other data" is any additional information that is not Personal data.
What Personal data do we collect about clients?
If you are a client of our company, we may collect the following Personal data from or about you:
- Your name, company name, and primary role or title
- Postal mailing address
- Telephone and fax numbers
- Email address
- Account number and other account information
- User name, password, and other security credentials
- Other information you provide to us directly, such as information collected for identification or authentication purposes
In addition, in the process of communicating with you and managing your account information from telephone, email, and website support communication our company may keep a record of that communication for reference.
What other Personal data do we hold?
In addition to collecting information to enable us to open and manage client accounts, our website servers also hold Personal data as part of the services we provide. We are a third-party distributor of credit report data which means we do not hold the source database of information ourselves, but we access other data providers to compile specific reports on request of our clients.
What Other data do we collect automatically?
Our website may use technologies such as cookies and similar mechanisms to collect Other data that helps us understand how our websites are used. Specifically, when you visit the websites, we or our third-party service providers may automatically collect a variety of technical and navigational information about you via these technologies, including as applicable: your computer or device type; operating system version; browser type and version; user agent string; internet connection type; mobile network provider; date and time of your visit; time since your last visit; web pages you view; links you click; searches conducted on the websites; the internet protocol (IP) address used to access our websites; your general geographic location; and the website visited before our website.
Cookies: A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to or read on your device and allow websites to recognise devices and store certain information, such as user preferences. Cookies are used to distinguish you from other users of our websites. This helps us to provide you with a useful experience when you browse our websites and also allows us to improve our websites. We and our third-party service providers use session cookies, which link your actions during a particular browser session and expire at the end of that session, as well as persistent cookies, which remain on your device and allow us to remember your actions or preferences across multiple browser sessions.
If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your computer. The help feature on most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to receive notice when a new cookie is set, and how to disable cookies altogether. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the websites may not operate correctly.
How do we use Personal and Other data?
We use the Personal and Other data that we collect for the purposes described in this Policy, for the purposes for which it was provided to us, as required by law, and for our business purposes, including:
- To establish and administer accounts and your relationship with us, to fulfil the terms of any agreement you have with us, and to otherwise provide our company's products and services to you
- To communicate with you, notify you about important updates or changes to our company's products and services, and address relevant inquiries or complaints
- To comply with our legal obligations and protect our legal rights, including, without limitation, to comply with record-keeping, reporting, and tax obligations under applicable law
- For marketing and promotional purposes, in accordance with applicable law. For example, as permitted by applicable law, we will use your Personal data, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, or to otherwise contact you about our company products or information we think may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving them by following the "unsubscribe" instructions at the bottom of each communication, or by contacting us on our website
- To create new products and services or improve our existing products and services
- To count and recognise visitors to our websites and various website features and better understand how users access and use our websites and our company products and services
- To support website performance, perform website analytics, enhance website navigation, and improve our website design and functionality
- For other research and analytical purposes
Legal bases for using Personal data
We will only collect, use, and share your Personal data where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- Our use of your Personal data is necessary to provide a service (for example taking payment to fund your account in the performance of our services)
- Our use of your Personal data is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (for example where we are required to disclose Personal data to a court or tax authority)
To whom do we disclose Personal and Other data?
We may disclose Personal and Other data to third parties for the following purposes, as permitted by law. You have certain rights to object to the processing of your Personal data as described below:
Service providers: We may disclose Personal and Other data to our service providers, who use it to perform tasks on our company's behalf. Among other things, these service providers help us provide our company products and services, administer your accounts, and manage and improve the websites. Our service providers may collect, process, and retain information about you. Our company's service providers include:
- People and organisations involved in providing, managing, or administering the websites, related systems, or other company services, such as administrators, mailing houses, email senders and providers, technology service providers, and third parties that provide analytics and advertising services
- Our company's auditors, consultants, legal advisers, and other professional advisers
- Our company’s data providers and other service providers
We reserve the right to disclose information including personal information to any person or organisation that requires access to our company’s data to facilitate the licensing, merger, sale, assignment, acquisition, financing, securitisation, insuring, bankruptcy, or other transfer of our technology or business, or a portion thereof, to third parties, in accordance with applicable law
We reserve the right to disclose information including personal information to any person or organisation where we are required by law to disclose the data requested or for our own legal purposes. We may use and disclose information about you as we believe reasonably necessary to protect the rights and property of our company, to protect against fraud and abuse, to protect other users of our services and our websites, and to protect the life, body, or property of other individuals or entities. We also may disclose information about you in order to comply with the law, judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process. We may disclose information to authorities investigating or who could potentially investigate alleged fraudulent or suspicious transactions.
We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee complete and total security all of the time. If you have online account access, we recommend that you take steps to protect against unauthorised access to your password and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your user name and password private.
Our company retains Personal data for as long as necessary to provide our services to you, to fulfil the purposes described in this Policy, or as required by law, regulation, or internal policy. We are obliged to retain certain information to ensure accuracy, to help maintain quality of service, and for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
Your right to access Personal data
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your Personal data that we hold. For more information about requesting a copy of the Personal data we may hold please see here GDPR.